photo DesignGemNav-home.png photo DesignGemNav-blog.png photo DesignGemNav-about.png photo DesignGemNav-shop.png photo DesignGemNav-contact.png  photo DesignGemSN-rss.png photo DesignGemSN-instagram.png photo DesignGemSN-bloglovin.png photo DesignGemSN-pinterest.png

Friday, March 5, 2010

a good decorating lesson and my favorite quote

This morning I was going through my daily reads from design blogs. I was reading Little Green Notebook (a very wonderful interior design blog) Last week Jenny re designed her parents bedroom. She is going through the step by step process on her blog (tomorrow is the big before and after reveal!!) Anyway, Jenny said something in her step by step process that I thought was so important when brainstorming ideas for a room


"Don't get so attached to an idea or color that you make poor decisions or miss out on better options."


I am guilty of this. I get hooked on one style or idea to find that it's not working out. Instead of scrapping that idea, I try to cram the previous idea into my new design idea. This goes for all types of design. The outcome tends to be bad from what I've experienced. It's okay...trial and error.
Speaking of scrapping ideas...please read my favorite quote of all time by graphic designers Chip Kidd: 


"Never fall in love with an idea. They're whores: if the one you're with isn't doing the job, there's always, always, always another."  --— Chip Kidd, graphic and comic designer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio