photo DesignGemNav-home.png photo DesignGemNav-blog.png photo DesignGemNav-about.png photo DesignGemNav-shop.png photo DesignGemNav-contact.png  photo DesignGemSN-rss.png photo DesignGemSN-instagram.png photo DesignGemSN-bloglovin.png photo DesignGemSN-pinterest.png

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A Secret Passion of Mine...Finances!

I have a secret...I am a bit of a nerd when it comes to finances. I love a good budget and love reading about 401Ks and saving for the future.

Back in 2009, I took Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University and it changed my world and how I viewed money. I took the class through my church and the teachers teaching the class were extremely knowledgeable and guided me in creating my own monthly budget. I was still in college at this point with no consistent income so it was a bit challenging creating a budget since I didn't know exactly how much I had for food and extras each month but I made it work anyway. Dave Ramsey even goes into detail about different money personalities and I am most definitely a nerd through and through :) Are you a financial nerd or free spirit? Both have their pros and cons, for sure!

Two of the FPU principles I try to utilize in my monthly financial routine are:
-Keep a $1,000 emergency fund
-Contributing to my 401K


I recently starting following Dave Ramsey's daughter, Rachel Cruze, on facebook and she has great insight and advice regarding finances. If you enjoy this kind of stuff at all, I highly recommend following both of them on FB :) Anyway, Rachel posted a blog article today about what people do not see behind the scenes and it hit home for me. It's very easy to look others and their situation but forget what it took behind the scenes to get them where they are. One of my favorite quotes from the article was: It's often the small things that no one sees that result in the big things that everyone wants.

I love this quote regarding finances. Discipline with finances is A LOT work, definitely something I have not fully perfected. But, I am motivated to create a healthy habit with money because I know it will more than pay off in the future.
It’s the small things, behind the scenes that no one sees, that leads to the BIG things that everyone wants. - See more at: http://christywright.com/2014/06/the-things-that-no-one-sees/#sthash.mbXnbUbg.dpuf

It’s the small things, behind the scenes that no one sees, that leads to the BIG things that everyone wants. - See more at: http://christywright.com/2014/06/the-things-that-no-one-sees/#sthash.mbXnbUbg.dpuf
 Are you a nerd or free spirit? Do you enjoy finances or budgeting or hate it? I will try to post my budget spread sheet in the future for some of you guys to check out. It's pretty nerdy :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio