photo DesignGemNav-home.png photo DesignGemNav-blog.png photo DesignGemNav-about.png photo DesignGemNav-shop.png photo DesignGemNav-contact.png  photo DesignGemSN-rss.png photo DesignGemSN-instagram.png photo DesignGemSN-bloglovin.png photo DesignGemSN-pinterest.png

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I'm ready to go!

.

This week I took a big step and bought two books and a Wacom! I bought Creative Inc. Do you read the blog Oh Joy? She is a successful freelance designer and blogger. I think she probably has a lot of good advice/ tips in her book and I can't wait to read it. The second book is more from a business stand point. It's called The Graphic Artists Guild Handbook - Pricing & Ethical Guidelines. Not quite as exciting but it will still be very beneficial! 

Oh and I am most excited about my wacom! In case anyone is wondering...a Wacom is a drawing tablet. I do enjoy drawing and I think this will encourage me to do it more. I don't hand draw a lot of my design work, I typically draw it on the computer because it is faster. But, there is something unique and special about drawing by hand that the computer will never fully be able to replicate. So, I bought a wacom. By using it, I will eliminate the use of drawing on paper as much and having to scan it in (big pain in the bottom!!) Now, I can hand draw but on the computer! Can't wait to give it a try!

So, I am hoping to dive into my new books and get inspired to draw this week! 

Are ya'll looking forward to something this week? Work or non work related?!

1 comment:

  1. You ARE ready to go. SO EXCITING! I must say, I'm jealous of your Wacom. And I ordered Creative, Inc. a few weeks ago. I started reading it this past weekend and it's SUPER informative!

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by kelly christine studio