photo DesignGemNav-home.png photo DesignGemNav-blog.png photo DesignGemNav-about.png photo DesignGemNav-shop.png photo DesignGemNav-contact.png  photo DesignGemSN-rss.png photo DesignGemSN-instagram.png photo DesignGemSN-bloglovin.png photo DesignGemSN-pinterest.png

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

the look and feel of open shelving

Open shelving. I. Am. In. Love. This look is definitely not everyones style so before you decide to go and rip out all of your kitchen cabinets, think about the housing market in your area. Would people go for this look in your area? Open shelving in kitchens has a very modern and lofty feel. It also is very clean...so that means you have to keep everything organized..no cabinets to hide an unorganized mess!   

oh my pretty! love the how these dishes are displayed and how COLORFUL they are! It really adds character to this room. This person has a dish collection and they aren't afraid to show it!



clean clean clean! I prefer a bit more color but I still love the all white except for the wood block counter tops. I am loving the white subway tile.



This is more my style. Open and airy but there is color too! Love the stainless steel light fixtures.







how fun would it be to cook in this kitchen?

1 comment:

  1. So fun! I love open shelves also. Josh and I just created some in our house and we are in the process of getting some cool containers for spices etc.

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by kelly christine studio