photo DesignGemNav-home.png photo DesignGemNav-blog.png photo DesignGemNav-about.png photo DesignGemNav-shop.png photo DesignGemNav-contact.png  photo DesignGemSN-rss.png photo DesignGemSN-instagram.png photo DesignGemSN-bloglovin.png photo DesignGemSN-pinterest.png

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

my new love....packaging.

I finish my graphic design degree in May. Through out the past three years I have struggled with liking package design. It doesn't come naturally to me nor did I think it was that exciting. But, with in the last year my mind set has changed. I have had several package design projects that leave me feeling very proud at the end result. Its tough designing packaging but I think it is more rewarding than designing for just print because you are actually constructing the package but just the graphics.  I just finished my first packaging project where I designed a full line of male cosmetics including cologne, cologne box, shaving gel, aftershave, aftershave balm, and shower gel. I did less design work on the computer and used more of my hand skills to craft the design. I was really satisfied with the end result. I am going to do a photo shoot soon to add this project into my portfolio so I will add some pictures to the blog to show.
Anyway, all that to say, I love packaging. Its my new love. I have been constantly browsing thedieline and lovelypackage. These are great packing blogs full of crazy neat stuff. A lot of the products are food, wine, and health and body products. I so wish I could get my hands on some of those food items that come in such awesome packaging!!

Today I found this neat neat NEAT package design for Evian water. I love the diverse color palette and because the bottle is clear, you can see the range of colors wrap entirely around the bottle. beautiful.
Image from thedieline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio