photo DesignGemNav-home.png photo DesignGemNav-blog.png photo DesignGemNav-about.png photo DesignGemNav-shop.png photo DesignGemNav-contact.png  photo DesignGemSN-rss.png photo DesignGemSN-instagram.png photo DesignGemSN-bloglovin.png photo DesignGemSN-pinterest.png

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Weekly Meal Planning: Week of September 14, 2015

Hi Friends! Lots of exciting things have happened recently. One being, Blake and I got married in July. A month later, we moved into our newly renovated home (pictures coming!). It's been a busy summer, to say the least. But it's been the most memorable and special one yet.

One of the things Blake and I started enjoying together early on in our dating relationship was cooking together. We'd pour a glass of wine and make dinner together. It might be my favorite way to relax after a busy day or week.  That being said, we love to cook for health and budget reasons and also the pure satisfaction of making something delicious (not always though and all I have to say to that is #pinterestfail).

Long story short, when we got married, it was important that we take the time each weekend to plan our meals for the week including going to the store. ***Insert cheesy quote (sorry I just have to): Fail to plan, plan to fail** Thanks for indulging me for a second. I love a good quote. Anyway, I wholeheartedly believe this quote, mostly because I have failed to plan, a lot, and it has left me frazzled one too many times. Frazzled, busy, failed to plan = Taylor making really bad eating choices and surely you get where I am going here.

So, I introduce you to the Menu Board! This little guys is housed on the side of our fridge and helps us stay on track and organized with our weekly meal planning. I love this thing and guess what? It works! At any given moment, I know what meals I have ingredients for so no more last minute trips to Taco Mayo for dinner in the Elliott household :)






Sunday: Today was busy for us. Nothing fancy, leftovers!

MondaySkinny Taste's Korean Grilled Chicken and I will add a bag of 90 second brown rice and a steam-able bag of broccoli.

Tuesday: Deer Tacos
There is nothing fancy about this recipe except that we have probably 150 lbs. of ground deer meat from this past winter thanks to Blake. I am not a huge fan of deer by it's self (deer burgers, steaks, etc) but when it is mixed with taco seasoning, marinara sauce, chili, it really is so good! Not to mention, deer is very very lean so I am onboard.

For this recipe, we just cook the deer meat like ground beef and add taco seasoning. We like soft tacos so we get flour tortillas with toppings: shredded lettuce, cheese, sour cream and salsa. Sometimes we get really fancy and make guacamole, too.

Wednesday: Skinny Taste's Swedish Meatballs and I will serve over some whole wheat noodles and probably throw in a vegetable. I don't plan my side vegetables before I go to the store, I just buy what is on sale that week. The suspense is unreal! :)

Thursday: Garlic Butter Salmon Baked in Foil and I will add a vegetable and probably some brown rice. We tried this recipe for the first time last week. It was easy and very good! We had couscous with it last week so I thought I'd spice things up a bit with rice this week. We purchased a big bag of frozen salmon and I love having fish at least once a week. I know fresh is the way to go but frozen is really convenient for us right now, so if its gotta be frozen, I still make sure it is wild caught.

Friday: Always and forever our date night--who wants to cook after a long week? Not us!

Grocery shopping typically happens on Saturdays and we like to try a new recipe on Saturday too. We usually go for something a little more time consuming because we've got the time then.

Our menu board only covers dinner but I also like to throw in at least one small recipe for lunch. We also each leftovers at lunch. This week my lunch is Whole Foods Sonoma Chicken Salad. I have never tried this recipe before but I love chicken salad so I have high hopes for this one.

Menu board made by me :) and available in my Etsy Shop. More styles coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio