Breckenridge, Colorado is my favorite place to vacation for many reasons:
1) It's gorgeous year round, you must try both summer and winter in Breck and let me know what's your favorite. I am still deciding which is my favorite.
2) It has awesome local restaurants, bars and shops.
3) It's just a hop, skip and a jump from Denver which is full of culture and awesome places to dine and shop.
4) The people in Breck are so nice and laid back which makes it a fun time.
5) There are truly hundreds of activities to do while vacations in Breckenridge. Here are some of our favorites:
- Skiing in the winter
- Renting a bike and cruising around the town or renting a bike closer to Lake Dillion and biking around there. Gorgeous views!
- Hiring a guide and going fly fishing
- Driving around and looking at all the beautiful homes
- Getting a crepe at the Crepe stand on Main St.
- Going to the outlet malls (we have outlet malls here in OK but for some reason, they are just more fun in Colorado!)
- Hot-tubbing it with a glass of wine.
- Take a drive on Swan Lake Road or Dillion Dam Road for the very best scenic views
And a few things I would still like to try!
- Tubing down a (small) mountain
- Hire a guide and go snow shoeing
- Hire a guide and go snow mobiling
- Zip lining in the summer
Panoramic view...we stopped often to simply enjoy the beauty of the Rockies.