photo DesignGemNav-home.png photo DesignGemNav-blog.png photo DesignGemNav-about.png photo DesignGemNav-shop.png photo DesignGemNav-contact.png  photo DesignGemSN-rss.png photo DesignGemSN-instagram.png photo DesignGemSN-bloglovin.png photo DesignGemSN-pinterest.png

Friday, June 27, 2014

Houston Travels

I have a lovely friend from college. Her name is Lauran and she lives in Houston. I would love for her to move back to Oklahoma but...until then, I will visit her in Houston every once in a while and we will shop a whole bunch and eat amazingly delicious food. Not complaining here :)

I went to visit her a couple of weeks back and here is a little recap of our Houston adventures. Lauran is definitely a foodie and it was such a wonderful time trying new foods at really neat places. Sadly, we did not get any pictures together.






































All ready to explore Houston!






































First stop was Adair Kitchen for an awesome Turkey Burger.






































Dinner that night consisted of fried oysters at Liberty Kitchen and Oyster Bar.






































Gulf of Maine Acadian Redfish wrapped in bacon with a little pinot grigio.






































The next day we might have made a little stop at Prada for a lovely little clutch.






































A juice bar? Yes please! I had the Chaturanga Cowabunga and it was awesome. This was Lauran's first time (she was hesitant!) to have fresh juice and she loved it.






































Tacos and margs at Torchy's.






































Cloud 10 Creamery for dessert. I am not even sure what I had, I just took Lauran's suggestion and it was just wonderful. It definitely had peanut butter and jelly ice cream in it, though! This place gives Braum's a run for their money. I can't believe I just said that.






































My last meal in Houston was a fabulous omelet at The Buffalo Grille. They have cinnamon coffee and it is the best coffee I have ever had, hands down.

I loved visiting Lauran and cannot wait to go back to Houston for more shopping, quality time and good eats :)

1 comment:

  1. weekend hanging out with you and I can't wait to see you over this weekend for coffee when I'm in town! Love your blog and YOU!

    Xoxoxo,
    Lauran

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by kelly christine studio