photo DesignGemNav-home.png photo DesignGemNav-blog.png photo DesignGemNav-about.png photo DesignGemNav-shop.png photo DesignGemNav-contact.png  photo DesignGemSN-rss.png photo DesignGemSN-instagram.png photo DesignGemSN-bloglovin.png photo DesignGemSN-pinterest.png

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Birthdays+Inspiration

Yep, it's my birthday! The big 2-3. :) It's going to be a good year.

Looking forward to: 
Cake at work. Vanilla and Chocolate.
Birthday dinner with family. And lemon cake.
Celebrating this weekend with friends!
Birthday presents arriving in the mail!

*Random and unrelated story*
I found a book the other day titled For you, My Daughter at my parents. I opened the first page to find a handwritten note from my mom. It was dated August 22, 1992. My mom bought the book when I was four years old, wrote me lots of notes and referenced her favorite poems and quotes for me during times of happiness, hardship or when I needed inspiration. I had no idea she had done this for me. I turned to the page she referenced for inspiration and read it.  It was exactly what I needed to hear for this season of my life and I immediately teared up. It's funny how little things like that can mean so much. So, I thought I'd share it:

You have powers you never dreamed of.
You can do things you never thought you could do.
There are no limitations in what you can do except the limitations in your own mind as to what you cannot do. Don't think you cannot. Think you can. -- Darwin  P, Kingsley

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I visited your blog via friend on facebook. And I have to say, you have a very pretty blog. I like how color it is.

    Well, happy (belated) birthday.

    I like the quote you mentioned, also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. taylor, that is so sweet.
    happy birthday!!
    i was in berlin on your birthday w/o a computer but i thought of you :)

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by kelly christine studio