photo DesignGemNav-home.png photo DesignGemNav-blog.png photo DesignGemNav-about.png photo DesignGemNav-shop.png photo DesignGemNav-contact.png  photo DesignGemSN-rss.png photo DesignGemSN-instagram.png photo DesignGemSN-bloglovin.png photo DesignGemSN-pinterest.png

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

two future projects




Kitchen projects have been on my mind! Currently, our cabinets are a medium oak color. It's not a horribly unpleasant color but I would prefer white much better! I would also love to add glass to a few of the cabinet doors. Though I am a lover of color, I want to go with a fresh color scheme in the kitchen. I am loving the subway tile backslash in the image above! Thankfully I have a handy husband who to know how to tile! I haven't really thought much about counter tops altough I'd love to change them. Our counter tops are currently white (I've never had white counter tops before!) and it is a nightmare. I clean and clean and clean and they still look dirty because every little crumb shows up on those counters! Gosh, it drives me crazy! I love the wood block counter tops but we're trying to keep the budget within reason. Okay, so on to the next project...

Building a built in...
Can you believe it? We don't have a single bookshelf in our home and it is killing me. I just can't seem to find one that I LOVE. I have stacks of lovely design books in our guest bedroom waiting to have a home on a shelf! So, we've decided to custom design and build our own, and by build I mean hire someone to build it. We have a great open wall in our other living area that would be perfect for a large white built in. I was first inspired from this pottery barn shelving system..but its expensive and not exactly what I want..but you get the idea, right?

pretty! Love the closed cabinets on the bottom.

So those are the "summer project" plans! Oh, and add can lighting to the kitchen..but those aren't super exciting to post pictures of!

2 comments:

  1. I love the first pic! Makes me want yellow dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love all your projects!!! I can't wait to see how the built in's turn out and the kitchen! Take lots of pics for the blog please! :)

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by kelly christine studio